Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Reclaiming God's Original Intent


  • I came across a book in my library that I purchased several years ago. The title of the book, Reclaiming God's Original Intent for the Church, caught my attention. More than this, I was arrested and intrigued by the title(s) of each chapter. The chapter, in and of themselves, preach and proclaim some powerful truths and steadfast convictions. I have not finished this book-though I plan to teach or preach or a series on this at some point. I would like to share just a few of the titles of each chapter...

-It's about AUTHENTICITY...not SIZE
-It's about making DISCIPLES...not simply recruiting VOLUNTEERS
-It's about a CALLING...not a CAREER
-It's about CHARACTER...not CREDENTIALS
-It's about COMMUNITY...not just MANAGEMENT
-It's about TRUSTING GOD...not TECHNIQUE
-It's about FOLLOWING THE SPIRIT...not mere STRATEGIZING
-It's about SERVANTHOOD...not POWER
-It's about FRUIT...not ACHIEVEMENT
-It's about LISTENING...not just PREACHING
-It's about LOVE...not BEING RIGHT
-It's about our TRIUNE GOD...NOT US

No comments: