Saturday, October 27, 2007

I need prayer for tomorrow's message

Well--tomorrow is almost here. It will not be long before I stand before our people and deliver a Word from the Lord. Tomorrow is our children and youth Sunday. It is off to a rocky start; but, more than anything else, I am committed to seeing it grow, thrive, and succeed. The Lord is teaching me the importance and significance of using what we have and what He has supplied. I think that when a people, corporately and collectively, unite and are stewards over what God has given them--He will reward them on the basis of their faithful, diligent stewardship. I have been led to share out of Daniel chapter 3--though I am nervous and apprehensive about the message. I know what the text says, etc. I think I am dealing with much of the context and not really getting the points together. I will look over it in just a moment and pray, meditate on the direction. This is actually my first time preaching out of the book of Daniel. For me, the prophetic books are hard for me to grasp. I need the Lord to work on me and the message; allow me to merge my thoughts into that of the text and the gravity of the message. My subject for Daniel 3 revolves around the ability of God. It hinges upon the words in Daniel 3:17, '...the God that we serve is able'. I know that the Lord will love me no less or any more based upon my presentation-I do pray, however, that He will breathe upon His message in a special way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I make my way to a nights rest, before I fall asleep, I will be in prayer for you (as I am each night). It appears to me that He has already exhaled upon your preparation which will be demonstrated during your presentation. I know that the Holy Spirit will manifest himself tomorrow. It will be affirmed once again "God IS able". I love you.

vlpsongbird