Saturday, October 06, 2007

30goodminutes.org

Several years ago I happened upon an interesting site that featured one of my long-time mentors from Corpus Christi, Dr. Cleophus J. LaRue, Jr. Dr. LaRue is the author of The Heart of Black Preaching, Power in the Pulpit, and This is My Story. (Please visit Amazon.com to purchase-it is worth the investment!) I have also been trying to get a hold of his dissertation, which I remember him saying was and/or is in book form as well - don't quote me on that. I do not know for sure if it ever went to publication. Additionally, he presently teaches preaching at Princeton Theological Seminary and is a great preacher. The site is http://www.30goodminutes.org/ It is a rich and refreshing site; there are also many other featured speakers that you can read, view, or listen to their sermonic presentations, including William Willimon, Frederick Buechner, and even Otis Moss, III. I highly recommend this site for preachers, teachers, and scholars who are interested in the academic, structured side of preaching. I hope and pray that whomever takes advantage of this medium will be richly blessed and inspired in their preaching and teaching ministries.

No comments: