Monday, August 11, 2008

Sunday, August 10, 2008

I missed being at Cornerstone this past Sunday, though I heard that everything went well and saw some of our members later. I was sharing at a neighboring congregation in the area and had a wonderful time there in worship. The praise and worship was very uplifting, the people there were extremely warm to myself and my family. Most importantly, D'Ani felt welcome and loved - and that meant all the world to me. I shared the word from Mark 6:45-52 (Handling Your Deep Water) at this church, Bethel Institutional Baptist Church in Houston (http://www.bethelworship.org/). Interestingly, the message didn't have much fanfare and acrobatics, though I've never preached at Bethel before. I just stood, proclaimed the Word according to my interpretation of the text, and basically sat down. I think that the people were receptive, they didn't know the difference. I do think I did a thorough exposition of scripture (I hope) and believe that the Lord is well pleased with that exposition. And also that there were stories and illustrations that really threaded well into my overall thesis and theme. Overall, I had a wonderful experience. This Sunday I am looking forward to being at the Fairview Church, in Oklahoma City - with Pastor, Dr. J.A. Reed, Jr. I am really looking forward to preaching on this coming Sunday; and seeing the Fairview Church family.

4 comments:

Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

I thank you for the praise report. God bless your preaching travels.

Pastor Kevin Lanier Pullam said...

Hello Brother,

Good to know that God has, once again, been faithful. I will keep you and the Fairview covered in believing prayer. I am sure that God will cause revival to occur in the hearts, minds, and souls of everyone involved.

God Bless

Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

Kraig, I believe that you did the Lord proud on Sunday. You are going to one of the great churches of our day, please tell "Pop" and Derrick that I said hello, and preach for Jesus. I look forward to seeing your outlines for the Model Prayer. And no I have not yet began a series on the Beatitudes, but I hope to do one before the year is out. I don't know how because in Sept. I am starting a new series on Tithing. Pray for us my friend.

Lance

Anonymous said...

Kraig I look forward to hearing you on next week if the Lord says the same.

Tony R.