Friday, August 15, 2008

Another Great Read...

One of my professors at the Seminary and one of my favorite preachers so happens to be John R. Bisagno. I have written about him before in some previous blog - he is a gifted preacher and seasoned pastor in his own right. Bisagno has spent nearly fifty years in ministry, pastoring for 35 years. He retired from the First Baptist Church here in Houston, and he continues his preaching itinerary both in the United States and abroad. He is an adjunct professor at the seminary I attend, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary.
This past week I have taken time out of my schedule to re-read his 'Letters to Timothy' yet again. This book is best known as Bisagno's retirement gift to Pastors and Ministerial Leaders. To quote, it is '....a voluminous and comprehensive work, it is full of useful advice to ministers covering the “things that might have fallen through the cracks in seminary.” This book is a practical manual covering all aspects of pastoral life for clergy in churches of all sizes, locations, and denominations.'

I have been helped and enriched in Pastoral ministry each and every time I have picked up this book and read this sage's words of wisdom and insight. I one day look forward to fellowshipping with this amazing preacher and expressing to him the enormous impact he has had upon my life and ministry. Of course, he is one of many. But certainly, he is one!

6 comments:

Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

Thanks Kraig for the recommend, I will get this book for my library. Have a safe trip to OKC. I am leaving tomorrow for Waterloo, Iowa, please pray my safe travels.

Lance

Pastor Kevin Lanier Pullam said...

Thanks for sharing. This sounds like a very good tool to have in the library. I will have to expidite my finding it due to the fact that we are dealing with "Spiritual Leadership" and the thrust comes from 1 Timothy. Wow... I appreciate how studious you are.

Kevin

Rev.Aaron Holcombe said...

Thanks for recommending this book. I to hope you have a safe trip.

Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

It's interesting you should mention this author. I have this book in my wordsearch digital library. Great read! Thanks for the reminder. Enjoy!

Vietta P's two cents worth said...

I certainly hope you have a safe trip. We will be in prayer for you. Maybe this year we will make it to one of the services. Take care and be very careful.

Love you

Pastor W.L. Pullam said...

Well said Brother Pastor. This is indeed a great book. It blesses me each and every time I pick it up and has a special place in my library.
I pray that the revival will be blessed. Be safe and God bless.