Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving Eve

Today was both a good and hectic day. I wasn't necessarily extremely busy; just had Kai Livingston all day; he was out of school-though I still had to get things done. Then I had to take him to the barber shop. Add to this, Kaden Lexander had to be picked up early from daycare. All went well; we had a good day. Kai and I went to Blockbuster, which is something Kai really enjoys doing with his 'old man'. I was going to go by myself; but Kai is always trying to sneak in some extra time. For some reason, he LOVES going to the 'movie place', or any place, with me. I must admit-he is crazy about his 'Daddy'. I am both grateful and humbled by this fact. It is my prayer that I will ALWAYS make him proud; it is my prayer that he will always see me the way that I see my Daddy-as his HERO. The one regret I have today is not spending more time with my Heavenly Father today in prayer, study, and devotion. I will try to do better...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It brightens my spirit and causes a smile in my heart to hear about you and your Sons day together. I am so happy you are bonding with your children. It is not easy (how well do I remember) but it is worth every sacrifice. You will even miss those times when they are gone. You are already a Hero to them, just keep holding their hands, wiping their noses and keeping them cared for and you will always be their hero. Being a good Father makes you a hero in the eyes of their Mother also. Happy Thanksgiving. Love you.

vlpsongbird

Anonymous said...

Time spent with your children is time well spent and reaps an abundace of present and future benefits as well as creating lifelong memories.
I am thankful to God and proud that you are a dedicated, devoted and committed father.
God bless.
Love,
Dad