Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sunday, November 25, 2007

We had an awesome time in Worship today! It was a COLD day in Houston. It was one of the only times I can remember where I wanted to stay in my socks and not go out. OF course, I thought about the season of Thanksgiving and all that the Lord has done and how He has blessed me in so many ways--I COULD NOT stay in the house that He blessed me with and get up and eat breakfast that He provided, without first telling HIM 'Thank You' for just being Who He is. He is an awesome God.

As far as I could tell--MOST of our parishioners FELT and acted UPON the way I initially felt: they stayed home! I am convinced that some had to work, others were out of town; but I know quite a few were simply missing in action. Add to this, the woman who brings many people to church with her is not doing well right now; and we are praying for her! It was a mixture of many things. All in all--it can be quite discouraging; the enemy can often make you concentrate on trivial matters. Why do I say this? Though the attendance at Cornerstone was low, the overall spirit was high--the Lord moved in the place where we worship each week. More than this--he moved in US. For this I remain continually grateful.

No comments: