Thursday, January 03, 2008

Annual Business Meeting

Tonight we held our Annual Business Meeting at the church. This is the 2nd we've had since I've been pastor. I must say--that the meeting went extremely well!!! For the past month or so I have really seen the spiritual growth of our church as a whole. In the meeting tonight, everyone behaved themselves in a Christ-like manner and in a way that I believe God was well-pleased. It is amazing to see the difference a year can make; insofar as last year (my first ever business meeting as anyone's pastor and me moderating) left a sour taste in my spirit. I really can't explain it all without simply saying that we read scripture, prayed, went over the newly revised mission, vision, and core values of our church along with our philosophy of ministry. When dealing with the revisions of mission, vision, core values, etc. - I really saw the Lord speak through me and all of the work I pored into making sure our mission, etc. was right - I saw Him use it and speak. It really turned into a Bible study! Then we dealt with the business side, of course. We had a few questions for clarity's sake; but overall there was not a spirit of confusion nor any cantankerous comments. I am so excited about the new beginning.

No comments: