Monday, December 31, 2007

New Beginnings...New Expectations

According to Kevin Conner, 8 is the number of New Beginnings. He has used scripture to define and convey this truth; and I agree. We are a few hours from 2008; and I am looking forward to a year of new beginnings. I am also seeing that a lot of work will need to be done; to whom much is given much is required. We have made several changes in our congregational leadership paradigm; for instance, we have gone from trying to establish 20 plus ministries; and now we will focus on 6, their formation, and making them the best that they can be--so that God is pleased. We did a sign up several weeks ago and the results were actually the most positive we have had since we've started the ministry. Now it is my responsibility to disciple, train and equip these saints for the work of the ministry. This will be both challenging yet VERY rewarding. In the past, I've done this with one or so people; some things worked-but there were things that fell through for whatever reason. Maybe it was just too much information, I don't know. But at the end of the day--some that I have discipled have recieved it and are doing very well; others have not. Overall, I am praying that God will work through me to do a better job in equipping disciples. I look forward to the Lord granting this request.

No comments: