Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Annual Church Survey....

For the second year now, we have conducted a church-wide survey. It is only 'church-wide' insofar as only a selected few take advantage of the survey. I am busy trying to tally up all of the answers, etc. Though I appreciate the obedience of some of our members who took the survey--I am two-sided in my response to the survey. On the one hand, I appreciate those who really gave honest answers, whether they were harsh realities (like my not answering my phone enough) that I already knew the answer to or some great comments and views regarding our church. This will both help and challenge our church as a whole. On the other hand, as a NEW pastor, I see why more churches/congregations DO NOT conduct an annual church survey. Because though there is a desire for everyone to be honest, all are NOT qualified to assess the progress, spirituality, and quality of the church. They just can not!!! I don't want to say NEVER. But I doubt very seriously that we will be doing an annual church survey next year. Though I appreciate and will take advantage of MOST of the surveys, I think that next time it will NOT be 'church-wide'.

I am praying that tomorrow, when the results are reviewed--that the Lord will allow us as a congregation that are few in number--to take legitimate, spiritual concerns and suggestions and implement/integrate them into the life of our great church.

No comments: