Sunday, December 30, 2007

Sunday, December 30, 2007

This last Sunday of the year has marked the end of things old and the beginning of things new. Today was a good day; it has also been a difficult day for me personally. Well, difficult may be the incorrect word. Let me simply say--I delivered the State of the Church Address. The reason why it is always difficult for me is because I am talking about our vision. Not that I hate talking about our vision-it is just extremely taxing and takes a lot out of me. Also-because preaching is my element and something I love to do--I have the added pressure and wanting to preach the way I typically preach; and I just can't do that and talk about the vision. My experience has been when talking about our vision--that I have to stand flat-foot and 'talk' to our people, and clearly share with them our direction. It is something I feel that I must do and need to do on a regular basis.

We are between Christmas and New Years-so many of our members and regular attenders were out-for one reason or another. I can't say this was a great surprise; though my expectation was that I would be proven wrong.

The good news is we had in our worship service a committal and burial. We buried and committed to ashes every issue and person that we needed to let go in 2007. 2008 is the Year of New Beginnings. And we are entering the coming year with a new attitude, perspective, and commitment to do things God's way.

This is going to be a challenging yet rewarding time for us; but I am excited about the new possibilities!!!

No comments: