Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sunday, January 27, 2008

What a great time to be alive!!! Worship service today was awesome and inspiring. I don't know exactly what God is doing at Cornerstone--stopped trying to figure it out. I know that, of course, He is answering my prayers--that He would open the eyes of our understanding more and more each day; that He would make us more kingdom-minded; that He would center us in Christ and in His Word; that we would grow in every facet and form. But I sense that the Lord is not only doing this and more; but that He is working between the lines and sentences of my limited prayers. I am SO excited about my NEW discovery of the power of praying the RIGHT way. Prayer has always played a part in my life, of course. But--it was the end of 2007 that I REALLY understood that there is absolutely nothing more powerful that the Christian believer can grad a hold of--other than the blood of Christ and the Holy Spirit; and even those two things can not be realized fully without prayer!

Today I shared from I Samuel 7:2-14 from the topic, 'When Prayer Moves God'. Prayer has been our theme for the entire month. I want to extend it another month; but we are approaching our Stewardship month. Nevertheless, I will be emphasizing prayer not only throughout the year, but I am committing my life the understanding and ruminating on the true power and gift of prayer.

We had 2 people come forward today. Praise God!!! I sensed that we had another; but I went ahead and left it at that. Got a call later on this evening from someone at our church who said that it was her who was supposed to come forward. Nevertheless, I prayed with her and I am so grateful for her call.

Our ministers did an outstanding job today! We are a unique church--we have more ministers than we do deacons. Of course, this is only a confirmation of a call that God has placed upon my life to be a friend and mentor to preachers and eventually pastors. We held our first ministers meeting last Friday--and I am glad to report that this morning everything ran smoothly--all I had to do was stand and preach--and then give a few announcements. God is also adding MEN to our church. I am putting these men TO WORK. One of the problems I have faced in the past is placing people in charge who may have not been qualified to be the leader; who may have simply needed to perfect the art of serving. I am learning that, starting out, it is difficult to spot those who will just be a servant. The longer I serve at Cornerstone, the more I am seeing that eventually it becomes easier to connect with servants--people who aren't looking to dominate, dictate, and have a position with absolutely no accountability or responsibility. God, in His OWN time and HIS own way--is adding men to our church who will serve even without being asked or without a title--and will let me be their Pastor. This is what Cornerstone needs. Moreover--this is what is needed in the KINGDOM!!! There will always be hardships and-I am sure-there will always be people who come with their OWN agendas, pre-concieved notions, and trying to drive and push their personal preferences. But--from here on out--my constant expectation and prayer is that people on that level will be the minority and their tactics will always come to naught. Thank God for every OBSTACLE; it has helped me to appreciate fully every OPPORTUNITY. To GOD be the GLORY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Pastor Kraig what a come back. Sounds like God has turned and is turning things around. One only has to revisit some of your previous post to feel the angst of the difficult times you have had since stepping out on the Lords word to Pastor his people. God be praised for the joy he has restored to you for the long journey ahead.

Love ya bro and am praying for your ministry.

Tony R.

Pastor Kraig L. Pullam said...

Yes...it has been a long journey but the Lord is showing Himself to be faithful. I Pastor a miracle! We have so very far to go; but every Sunday I see a different church than from the week before.