Saturday, January 05, 2008

Gone fishing...Kind of.

This morning I had the opportunity to go out fishing with some of the brothers from the church. I can not begin to explain in this blog how much this blessed me in so many ways. I have come to cherish the moments I spend with the 'brethren', particularly those who call me their pastor. For some reason, when starting Cornerstone, there was a disconnect between myself and some of the brothers that connected with our ministry. I know now-though none of these men were/are perfect, I take the initiated and 'insist' that we work in the 'relationship.' All in all, the past is the past and I realize now that we must learn from our mistakes in an effort to avoid repeating the same mistakes. That is where I am! There are some relationships that I have lost and they will never be what they once were no matter how I try. Let me say quickly, I am not trying to make myself out to be a villain; of course there are some whom I've been connected to who may have been a little un-spiritual, stuck on themselves, untrustworthy, ambitious and impatient to execute their own agendas. I have seen that side; and I have learned how to allow the Lord to deal with that. The reality is--the adversity has helped me to appreciate even the smallest triumphs.

I prayed for more men--and God is sending them!!! The enemy isn't happy, of course; and that definately means I have to pray mightily--because he will trying EVERYTHING he can to ruin the divine relationship that God is establishing.

No comments: