Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sunday, January 13, 2008

We had a wonderful time in worship today. I am learning the importance and benefit of delegation-so I am seeing others step up and doing the work of the ministry. I will continue utitlize the people that God is sending our way; and I am grateful. Today I continued my series on prayer. Today I spoke from the subject, 'The Pragmatics of Prayer.' Well-actually, the subject was prayer, but anyway. :-) I really did some teaching today. All in all, God smiled upon the entire service and 1 person came forward for membership and another to re-unite with our church. I have been praying for atleast one soul to come either through first-time decisions or simply through membership. 3 joined last week; and 2 this week! I pray that we continue to forge ahead and watch God move, work, and have His way.

Interestingly, I thank God for every trial, dissapointment, setback, failure, people issue, financial issue, naysayer, etc. - because through the crushing and learning process--the Lord has revealed to me His power and His faithfulness to His Kingdom agenda.

I am literally seeing the results of my prayer life beginning to manifest in my everyday life and experience. I can truly attest to the fact that there is POWER in PRAYER. Sunday School was off the chain-for real! We are still in 'When God Builds a Church' and we were on Principle # 9 , which was stewardship! I haven't got the report on our giving today; but prayerfully it has been acceptable to God today. God bless Cornernstone; and I am looking forward to the rest of this month; particularly this coming Friday's Prayer Conference; I can't wait for that!

No comments: