Sunday, September 23, 2007

Let's Run!

Today worship was uplifting, empowering and inspiring today at Cornerstone. I have to admit, I may be a little prejudice, that Cornerstone has one of the most awesome weekly worship experiences that I have every been a part of, hands down. The word today came from one of our associate ministers, Rev. Isaac A. Mahoney. The Lord has uniquely gifted us with very gifted preachers. Rev. Mahoney spoke from Hebrews 12:1-2 and shared from the topic, 'Let's Run'. The basic theme of his message was timely for us as a church body--both pastor and people. He shared from the basic premise that we have a job to do; that God has an awesome and amazing gift that He has given. The things that we desire are available--but there is a price that must be paid--there are weights that we must lay aside; to be clear--we must lay aside EVERY sin. His main focus dealt with that of passion, purpose, pursuit and perspective.

Mahoney truly allowed the Holy Spirit to grab a hold of him and the entire message. I was blessed and I believe that our people are blessed. Mahoney's wife went home to be with the Lord about 2 months ago. He truly loved his wife and she is greatly missed. I am elated to have him as a part of our congregation. I anticipate how the Lord will use him at our church. Interestingly, I intented for him to serve as our Minister of Christian Education. For some reason, I am sensing that the Holy Spirit desires to use him in another capacity at Cornerstone. Something along the line of Pastoral Care and Family Ministry.

I have been praying about leading Cornerstone to an Elder system. If this is something the Lord leads us to do, certainly Mahoney will be a part of this paradigm in a significant way.

The main thing that I want to instill in the minds and hearts of the people of Cornerstone is very simple: that they are a great people, God is limitless, that He has a specific plan for Cornerstone, and they are wanted and needed in order for God to START and COMPLETE that plan. My greatest frustration is the fact that I feel that Cornerstone has not even touched the surface. We have come SO far; but we have So far to go.

There are so many PHYSICAL and FINANCIAL goals that I believe God has for our church. What makes this seem so far fetched because I know personally that there are many SPIRITUAL and RELATIONAL goals that we haven't even began to reach. I will talk about this in the near future....

The one reality is this--I love pastoring the flock that God has given me; I know that God called me to both pioneer this movement along with pastor this church; God has been sustaining not only our church; but also sustaining myself and my family.

What I am praying for most is--1) that God will continue to mold me as a spiritual leader 2) that I will continue to grow as a student and proclaimer of His word 3) that God will order and direct each and every one of my steps as a pastor 4) that He will develop and shape the members of our church into passionate disciples of Jesus Christ and 5)that He will connect us with people at Cornerstone who will join, capture and work toward the vision God has for our church--that we all may move toward Christ-like maturity.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pastor Kraig nice Blog. Please keep it going this time. I really enjoy your writing and thoughts. The work maybe hard and frustrating but there is never anything of value that is truly gained without a genuine struggle.

We as preachers/pastors are a spiritually maladjusted people. We have an all intense desire for the burdening labor to which we have been called. But oh the rewards!!

Keep preaching Kraig!