Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Pastor John A. Reed, Jr.

I wanted to add a word to my blog, aside from Fairview - though they are inter-related. It is about Pastor (Dr./Pop) John A. Reed, Jr. I am always amazed and honored to be in this man's presence. Whenever I am around him, I sense I am in the presence of greatness! If you have EVER had the opportunity to meet this great man, then you know what I mean. Here is a man who has a natural gift for leadership; though I often say that leaders aren't born, they are made. This is the rare exception-he breathes leadership. I have know 'Pop' Reed now for 9 years; and to even see him interact with the members of his congregation, in and of itself, is a spiritual experience. He is truly a 'Preacher's Preacher'. Not only this, but he is a "Pastor's Pastor". It is interesting - I ended up at Fairview and meeting Pastor Reed by 'accident'. The guest revivalist for his youth week could not make it at the last minute. Pop Reed remembered his friend (Dr. R.L. Sanders from Fort Worth) mentioning my name in passing; Dr. Reed, in some way, got a hold of my number the day before the youth day began; the next thing I know, my new wife and I were headed to a place, and state, we had never been-Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Since then, we have grown to love this man and his family. I praise and will forever be indebted to this venerable sage of a Pastor/Preach, Pop Reed.

6 comments:

Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

Kraig, you are in the presence of greatness right now. Pop is a one of a kind Pastor/Preacher that is really second to none when it comes to church, association and convention leadership. I have been fortunate, through his son and my Pastor, Joe A. Carter, to be mentored by Pop for the better part of 13-14 years. So much so that he is one of my dads in the ministry, and when Pastor Witherspoon was here in NJ at the same time as Pop was, he became an adopted son as well. A true giant of the faith!

Lance

Vietta P's two cents worth said...

I thank Pastor Reed for all he is and has been to you and your family. I am grateful you have him in your life. We have trusted the influences, his words of wisdom, and his friendship to you. This is truly a gift and we are to be grateful. Thank God for navigating the circumstances of you both comming together. Pastor Kraig, I know that you likewise have been a blessing to Pop Reed as well as to his congregation. Be Blessed.

We are still in continued prayer for the revival. I love you.

Pastor Kraig L. Pullam said...

Thank you!

Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

Every Timothy needs a Paul. Looks like you have one of the best.

Pastor Kevin Lanier Pullam said...

Pastor Kraig,

It is a blessing to hear of the ministry and stature of this great man of God. I have continually looked forward to finally meeting Pastor Reed at some point and am sure I will.

I also want to offer to you a "confirmation" and encouragement to you. I am even further encouraged by this post because I see, in it's content, the assurance and affirmation of God's word/promise. He said, "A man's gift makes room for him and brings him before great men." This obviously another occurance of greatness gravitating to it's like.

Phileo and Agape',
Your brother...

Pastor W.L. Pullam said...

Yes, brother pastor, your are totally on point. You are definitely in the presence of greatness. Dr. Reed is truly a "one of a kind" commodity. I only met him one time and that is all it took. It was instant respect, admiration and friendship. His whole persona radiated with a spirit of genuineness and sincerity. I had heard much about this great pastor long before I ever met him but after actually meeting him I left saying to myself "the half has not been told." I thank God for him and the kindness and love that he, his family and his church family have shown toward my son twice and his famuly. And I also thank God for Dr. Bob (Pastor Sanders) offering your name. Wow! God moves in marvelous and mysterious ways.
Praise the Lord!