Monday, August 25, 2008

Go Kai...Kinder!!!


Kai Livingston is my wife and I's oldest son. Today I took him to Kinder!!! His teacher's name is Mrs. Payton. And he attends Carelston Elementary here in Pearland. I shall never forget when I first met him March 31, 2003. I love this boy to death; and praise the Lord each day for his health and strength. He is a daddy's boy, for sure. And, of course, his brother is coming around! He reminds me a lot of his mother in so many ways.

Today was kind of hard for me. I am experiencing a lot of milestones...turning 30 y/o, celebrating 8 years of marriage, my first nephew going off to college, etc. I will not say that I cried, but I did have to go to the designated 'Cry Room', so please go figure! Congratulations son, I am SO proud of you. Be a good boy; and always know that we love you and believe in you. Remember that God is faithful; and honor him in all of your way - He will order your steps and direct your path. (Proverbs 3:5-6). I love you! -Daddy









3 comments:

Rev.Aaron Holcombe said...

I know exactly how you feel. I visited the "cry room" when both my children started school. They grow up so very fast. I thank God everyday for intrusting them to me. He is good! Great pictures! God bless you and your family.
Your brother in Christ,
~Aaron

Vietta P's two cents worth said...

Hello My Kraig,
I visited the "cry room" before writing this comment. Here lately I've been crying before replying to a few of my blog friends.

This time I did after seeing the great pictures here and remembering your first day entering public school. WOW, it doesn't seem that long ago, at least not in my heart.

Yes, we have had some milestones this year. Kai entering kinder, Kory in college, Kaleb and Kaleick entering middle school. There are some others as well. God is good and he has blessed us exceedingly beyond what we have asked.

My thoughts will be with him as well as with Kory today. I will whisper a small prayer for them with each thought. Thanks for sharing. Take care. I love you, the way you love Kai.

Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

These are great photos! They really capture the moment. You must be so proud.