Monday, November 17, 2008

Sunday, November 16, 2008

This past weekend has been quite interesting! I found myself getting some rest in the midst of my strange schedule. My sons attended a birthday celebration on Friday night - giving me an opportunity to finish a research paper, watch a little television, etc.

For some reason, I just couldn't decide which direction to take on Sunday. I had anticipated a preaching series on 'The Family that Preys', but I knew that was not the direction I was being led on Sunday. Then...I thought about preaching a message on Thankful Living, but my thoughts would not come together. Finally, on Saturday evening, I had landed on Jeremiah 18:1-4.

Sunday morning came...attendance was low! Of course, this means nothing to me. However, I noticed that on this particular Sunday that it really didn't mean anything to those who were present. The next thing I knew, we had--what I would surmise--was an experience similar to Lance's experience last week. The Lord showed up and had His way.

I hate to say that I didn't finish the message, because I did. For the most part, I stood for about 20 minutes. For me...that is a miracle, considering my messages are typically 45 minutes plus!!!

I am really struggling which direction to go in my series, considering I will not be preaching the family series this year. I'll keep you posted. I plan to blog much more this week...and catch up on my reading the blogs of my friends!!!

6 comments:

D.A. Thomas said...

Pastor,

You're a continual encouragement to me and I'm taking literal and mental notes for when the Lord shall see fit to call me as a Pastor. BTW, how are you doing?

Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

Kraig, thank you for your openness in your struggles for a preaching series. In order to keep me from having those same struggles, which I am prone to have, when I get around half-way through my present series, I begin waiting on the Lord to give me what am I to say next to his people. However, next year, I plan on having my preaching schedule for the entire year at least mapped out come January. Keep pressing my friend.

Lance

Keith D. Witherspoon said...

I never unterstood what the older preachers meant when they said this, but in times like these it carries a tremendous amount of weight.

Keep on preaching!!

Arthur Lane said...

Keep pressing, he will settle you and man you are right when it comes to seminary professors.

Unknown said...

Hey Kraig, preach through it brother. Whether it's a series or not I know it will be stellar coming from you.

Stay at the wheel.

Be Encouraged,

Tony R.

Vietta P's two cents worth said...

I have a question for each of you preachers. Addressing you via Pastor Kraig's (hopefully with his permission) blog. How do you know weeks, months or even years in advance that God is directing you to do one preaching series after the other, and/or one at all? Just asking.

I'm praying for ya'll!!

Mother