Tuesday, November 18, 2008

ESV is here!

It has been some time since I have recommended a read; I think I will try to do it each week - since I make it a point to read a book each week, even in the midst of my present schedule. I am excited about the new ESV Study Bible! Of course - please don't consider this a book review or a parcel of what I am reading in completion for the week. It actually consists of 25,000 notes written specifically for ESV; 80,000 cross-references; and over 200 charts. It is very exhaustive; and--as someone who has atleast 60 or so study bibles I've acquired through the years - I would place this in the top 10! I am not a particular fan of the 'Version' itself, though many of my theological comrades and counterparts highly recommend and enjoy the version. But the notes, references, and charts - are well worth its weight!!!

1 comment:

Pastor Kevin Lanier Pullam said...

Pastor Kraig,

I got my copy about two weeks ago. Man, I love it. Thanks for recommending it to the masses through this vehicle. I have not put it down since I got it. As you have said, I would agree it's one of the better study bibles. I have a few favorits and this one certainly makes that "cut."

Shalom,
Kevin