Tuesday, October 21, 2008

No More Church as Usual, Part 1

Here is a general outline.
Acts 2:1-14

I. The Formula FOR the Filling
a. Replacement of Some Relationships (chapter 1:12-26)
b. Maturity to Handle What we Cannot Manipulate (vs. 1 'Suddenly')

II. The Fallout FROM the Filling (Verse 2)
a. '...the whole house'.
b. '...spoke in languages'; not tongues - rather, foreign languages.
Principle 1: When the Spirit shows up, things that you don't have the ABILITY to do, you start doing and can't explain how.
Principle 2: When the Spirit shows up, there is the Manifestation of Diversity
Question: What's YOUR language?
KEY: We may not speak the same language in our giftedness, worship, talents, etc. - but we should ALL be saying the SAME THING.
God needs you to speak your language.
c. '...others mocked'. There are others in every crowd.

III. The Freedom IN the Filling vs. 14 'But Peter...standing'.
a. Peter's history (Denial, switchblade, etc.)
b. God specializes in redeeming the reject.
c. God gives you a NEW attitude.

3 comments:

Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

Great outline Kraig. The Lord has inspired me to re-do my series on Acts 2 for First Mount Zion. I did it about 5 years ago at my first church, Friendship Baptist Church, so as we head towards our new location, I think its right for the church to know how it got here and why it was created. Preach a little.

Lance

Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

Great outline Bishop!! I know the Cornerstone Church is blessed to have a pastor like you. Your posts are a constant encouragement to me.

D.A. Thomas said...

I love the outline Pastor! I'll make sure I never preach it in Houston. :)