Sunday, October 05, 2008

A Busy Weekend

This is where I usually give a summary of what happened on Sunday at our church. But...I have to say that it has been a long weekend! My weekend began on Friday afternoon-I would say-as I interviewed with an IMB Missionary; and gained insight about the entire mission process. The interview was a part and parcel of a 12-page report due by 11:59pm Friday evening. To say the least, the report was turned in at about 6pm--thank God. Now...let's just pray for the grade! Friday evening was filled with another 7pm meeting and ended with kind of a breathing moment - my wife and I went to see Tyler Perry's 'A Family that Preys' with another couple in our church. We had a good time! (Interestingly--we were free of our boys; they were at home with a 'free' sitter!!!) Friday night and Saturday morning was spent both tending to my children as well as in sermon preparation. Saturday afternoon - my wife and I attended the wedding of Rev. Johnny L. Goff, Jr. and his bride. I have only heard of platinum weddings; THIS was one of those weddings, I assure you. To be in the number was an humbling experience, to say the least. The wedding itself was held at the Windsor Village Church and officiated by Rev. Marcus D. Cosby, pastor of Wheeler Avenue Baptist Church. Everything was done in excellence, including a solo by Ms. Kathy Taylor. The reception was held at the Westin Galleria in Houston. To make a long story short - it was an amazing wedding; I am praying even more for a spectacular MARRIAGE!!!

I preached twice today. First, I shared at Cornerstone, our church. This was our first Sunday back at our worship facility since the Hurricane. It appears that quite a few of our members didn't get the memos, calls, or emails that we were now meeting back at our regular facility! But when I say that the Lord smiled upon our worship and His Word - God is gracious and kind!

I also preached in the place of my pastor, Rev. Harvey Clemons, Jr. at 10am @ Pleasant Hill Baptist Church. Pastor Clemons has been a blessing to myself and my family and ministry. For almost 4 years he allowed me to preach his early service fresh out of college. After Christ and my own father, Rev. William L. Pullam, to this day I consider him to be a stellar example of greatness and servanthood; and in helping to shape me as a minister of the gospel and as a pastor.

Tomorrow I have two exams and need to finish my studies but wanted to blog. I will be so glad when I have completed my studies altogether. This semester, along with next semester being my last in this M.Div. program - have been some of the most challenging experiences in my life altogether. I need your prayers to maintain my sanity.

10 comments:

Fitts said...

I just said a prayer for you, your family and your ministry my brother. I also can appreciate those opportunities to get out with the wife free from the children. My wife and I was able to attend the L.A County Fair on last Friday and enjoy Fireproof the movie (great movie) with some friends from the Church last Sunday. I can also relate to the challenge of juggling the family, the ministry and finding time to rest. Keep on keeping on your season is coming.

Rev.Aaron Holcombe said...

Sounds like a great weekend in the Lord. Was the movie good? I love Tyler Perry! Be encouraged my Brother in the Lord.

Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

I will pray for you and your studies my friend and I am rejoicing with you and the Cornerstone Church as you re-enter your building and begin again, the great work that God has for you.

Lance

Pastor Kraig L. Pullam said...

Thanks for you guys' comments. Yes Aaron the movie was good!!! It redeemed my slight disappointment in the Meet the Browns movie. But this movie, like the others including Meet the Browns, had a powerful message! Thanks Lance for you prayers. I need it.

Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

Pastor Kraig,

It's great hearing from you! I was beginning to put out an APB on you. Good to have you back. Thanks for the praise report. It's always good to know what the Lord is doing through you and the Cornerstone Church.

By the way, I took the liberty to visit your myspace page. Guess what I learned. Someone is lefthanded just like me. Talk to you soon!

Vietta P's two cents worth said...

Pastor Kraig, It seems as though you are in full speed as always. I am happy to hear that Cornerstone was back at your place of worship. I pray for you constantly. I have many motherly concerns about your busy schedule. Please eat right and get ample sleep.

The Tyler Perry's movie was wonderful. Our Bible study this week will be based on the movie. I think I sent you that material. Your Father was still working on the outline last night. I can't wait to learn what we are going to study. Our bible study group went to see the movie in additional preparation to the bible lesson.

I am glad you got through your weekend and was able to be in touch with all of us. Don't stay away to long next time.

I love you,
Momma

Pastor Kevin Lanier Pullam said...

That God would grant you strength and substance, as you go along, is my sincere prayer.

Love,
Kevin

Clinton Smith said...

Stay on the wall my friend. Challenges come to make us strong. Keep studying until you finish what you started.

Pastor W.L. Pullam said...

Wow! This was a full and busy weekend but it sounds as though it was a blessed and fruitful one.
I continue to lift you in prayer as you move toward the completion of your work on your advanced degree. Hang in there and stay the course. You have come to far to turn back now :).
God bless & love to the family.
Dad

Keith D. Witherspoon said...

I'm glad you had a great weekend!!