Monday, May 27, 2013

Sunday In Retrospect

It's Memorial Day!!!  How I thank God for the sacrifice of our fallen troops who've protected our freedom in this country.

This past Lord's Day we celebrated 141 years as a church.  What an awesome day it was.  We began last Wednesday with a special service with Rev. A. L. Prince and the Bethlehem Baptist Church as our guests.  We had an awesome time!  Sunday morning I shared in God's Word.  I attempted to lift a passage out of Judges 7:1-7, using as the title, 'God's Answer for Moving On.'  This was a continuation of a series I am in entitled, 'God's Got An Answer.'  Totally a change in direction from where I intended to go (i.e. - I planned on using the general outline of topics, 'God's Answer for anxiety, worry, doubt, etc.); with me, however, it always seems God changes my plans!  How appropriate, in dealing with the subject of Gideon in our lesson!

My outline:
The Big Idea/CIT: God's plan, power and provision is often wrapped in human limitations.
I. God wants to show you that everyone who is present is not providentially prepared
II. God seeks to teach you the priority of prayer
III.  God desires to guard His glory
IV. God seeks to reveal the power of His presence

I thank God for the 4 who made decisions yesterday and our candidate for baptism.

In the afternoon, Rev. Kevin VanHook and the St. Peters Baptist Church came to be with us.  We had great fellowship and worship; but the Word was timely and uplifting!  Pastor VanHook shared in the scripture Luke 6, the story of Christ preaching in the synagogue; and the miracle of healing the man with the withered hand.  His points were standing, stepping, stretching.  I enjoyed it!

I am confused about what's going on between the Miami Heat and the Indiana Pacers.  The Pacers have been quite a great contended, almost winning the first game, winning the second, both played in Miami for the semifinals.  Now....if game 3 back in Indiana, they lose BIG!  At this point, I'd love to see Miami's bubble burst.  But I am beginning to think it is highly unlikely.  I think Miami has this one in the bag.  I'm calling Miami vs. Spurs for the Finals, starting June 6th!

I really enjoyed watching Hangover III by myself this past Friday on opening day.  (footnote: I watched Hangover II several months ago and Hangover I a few weeks ago, all for the very first time.  I love them, unfortunately).

About to take my family to the movies after some BBQ.

I hope to blog again soon....  Many Blessings.




No comments: