Sunday, August 08, 2010

Sunday in Retrospect

It has been a busy, yet productive, weekend. Having the opportunity to visit Dallas always brings back feels of nostalgia and serendipity. Moreover, having the blessed opportunity to be with my old classmate, preaching colleague and friend, Rev. Bertrain Bailey, was very special and a great joy. Bertrain has been a friend of mine since my early days at Dallas Baptist University. Changing of cities, pastorates, preaching responsibilities, etc. have caused us to lose touch, but not with the abandoning of our love and respect for one another. He pastors the St. John Missionary Baptist Church (Dallas, TX); and is married to Kim, both of them growing up as Pastor's kids, from great preaching legacies. In addition, I had the opportunity to spend some to worship with my uncle, Rev. Lloyd A. Pullam, and the St. Emmanual Baptist Church for their Homecoming Celebration, there in Denton, TX. I am grateful for this day; but I am also tired!!!

1 comment:

Vietta P's two cents worth said...

This was indeed a GREAT day. There is NOTHING better on this earth than love that goes from heart to heart and from breast to breast between kindred hearts and spirits.

I am happy you had this awesome period in time. May God grant you many many more in the future.

I love you,
Momma