Saturday, August 14, 2010

Another Year

Well, as the day comes to a close - I can honestly say that I am thankful and grateful for this day! Today, for me, was bitter sweet. Sweet, in that God has allowed me to see another year of life. On August 14, 1978 at 7:40am, I entered the world! I am thankful to see 32; and humbled that God would use me to communicate the message of His love to others through the proclamation of His holy and righteous Word. What makes this time bitter is the fact that, during this time each year - for the past 11 years - I have been in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, preparing to preach at the Fairview Baptist Church, Dr. J.A. Reed, Jr., Senior Pastor. I never shall forget recieving the call immediately after returning from our honeymoon in LAs Vegas, from Pastor 'Pop' Reed, asking if I would be there with them. Little did I know that this man whom I had never met would turn out to be such a blessing and inspiration to my wife and I; and discovering that this one man has been such a blessing to many, many preachers, pastors and Chrstians. Because of circumstances, particularly being in the midst of a Chaplain Residency in Harris County Hospital District, I am unable to be with them this year for their youth revival. While I will miss them this year, I am thankful for 11 years! I am grateful for the family D'Ani and I have gained and the rich memories and moments we've shared together. Because of this, I am eternally grateful and indebted.

2 comments:

Pastor Rev. Ray E. Owens said...

It was in that revival with Dr. Reed that I had the pleasure of meeting, listening and being impacted by your preaching. I pray that one day God would count be as faithful that I may touch someone's life the way you ministered to mine in the short time I was around you.

It is Oklahoma City's loss but your church and family's gain and I know even as a chaplain, you are still impacting lives.

Keep running,

Owens

Vietta P's two cents worth said...

Kraig,
When you spoke to me about your inability to attend the revival this year, I could hear in your voice how you wrestled with the idea of missing your preaching assignment in OK city. Although, I have not been present during the revival experiences in Oklahoma, It seemed as though I was. You would share with us through each year's report of how you were blessed by being there. I was overjoyed that the family there embraced my children with such love and acceptance. I can at this moment feel your words in my heart, and I can visualize your facial expression while you speak the words...bitter/sweet. I pray that the one who stood in your place this year, preached a mighty word, as did you, when you replaced the one who stood there before you, on holy ground.

Every year for 32 years, the word that best describe my feelings and thoughts on your birthday is how blessed I am to have you. You are a very good son! Every since you were placed in my arms after a long HARD night on Monday, August 14, 1978 @ 7:40 a.m. I have loved you with my WHOLE heart. You were SO beautiful and precious then, and even MORE so today. I knub knoo my Baby.

Momma