Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday, September 14, 2008

I don't have many notes for Sunday; other than I had my devotion and worshipped the Lord in my own way. For about 1.9 million Houstonians, we were without electricity. We were blessed at the Pullam household to have our lights back on less than 24 hours after Hurricane Ike. Praise God! So...that means we were back up about 11 pm Saturday night. The place where we presently worship is still without electricity. 95% of Houston churches canceled services for today. I am thankful and grateful that all of my family in this area appears to be doing well; and that Cornerstone members are doing well. Prayerfully we will be able to hold service next Sunday, if not Thursday for mid-week.

2 comments:

Vietta P's two cents worth said...

Thank God for His mercy towards you, your family and others who survived the hurricane. Our sincere prayers for those who are still in turbulent circumstances. We know that God is able in all things.

To God be the Glory.

Pastor Kevin Lanier Pullam said...

I am also grateful that things aren't worse than they are. We all know that the havoc could have been so much more widespread and severe. I will be praying that "The Family of Faith" is able to resume regular worship opportunities as soon as possible.