Monday, February 18, 2008

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Yesterday (Sunday) was an exciting day for us! We started out with worship, praise, and (most importantly) the WORD. One of our associate ministers, Rev. Isaac A. Mahoney, delivered the morning message from John chapter 14 with his message entitled, 'The Main Purpose of Prayer'. Mahoney is an awesome preacher; and our entire CHURCH knows it! Mahoney is the kind of minister who is able to speak and preach the word in such a way that all people can understand and comprehend the Word being explained. Additionally--5 people came forward during the invitation, 4 of which came to join our church!!! To God be the glory! Needless to say--GOD is doing some awesome things in our church beyond human explanation. Clear defining our church as a Word-Based, Christ-Centered, Prayer-Focused, Missionaly-Minded, Kingdom church has really assisted us in praying specifically to God regarding the harvest and also those who visit can see our mission and vision for spiritual excellence and growth. AND...we are continuing to PREACH the WORD WITHOUT COMPROMISE!

After service, we journeyed to be with my eldest brother, Pastor Kevin L. Pullam, in Corpus Christi as his congregation, Friendship Baptist Church, celebrated its 59th church anniversary. I was a little nervous this being our first out-of-town outing as a church. I am pleased that we had 27 people who journeyed with us, including both children and adults. I was so very proud of Cornerstone!!! I was also excited that 6 or 7 of our men journeyed with us. What can I say? God is so good.

We have so far to God with God's guidance and strength; but I would be foolish if I didn't acknowledge that God has brought us from so far. We journeyed to bless Friendship; however, their spirit, worship, etc. blessed and encouraged us! It's amazing how God works.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that I was blessed to be in attendance in the Corpus Christi service. You deserve to be proud of Cornerstone. I feel that your family of believers were a blessing to the Friendship Church as well, for certainly the worship experience was a blessing to me. Pastor P. you did an awesome job preaching the word. I was made to feel very happy, blessed and uplifted. I wondered why you didn't introduce your family that was present in the service. I'm sure you had your reasons. May God continue to bless each of you.

vlpSongbird