Friday, February 22, 2008

Pastor & Spouse Conference

It has been a LONG week! However-it has been a blessed and uplifting week! Our congregation knows that I am a protege of Dr. I.V. Hilliard, here in Houston. This man has been a blessing to my life in a personal way. This past week D'Ani and I had the opportunity to attend the Pastor and Spouse Conference (Wednesday thru Friday) with an emphasis on the first family. I was blessed tremendously. We weren't able to make it last year due to Kaden's birth. There are several things that this conference has done for me--it has solidified my desire to see my sons (and children) play an active part within the ministry. One of the things we very seldom emphasize is that the Promised Land was always intended to be a family affair. D'Ani and I are intent upon seeing our children fulfilled within the ministry in which we serve as Pastor and Wife. This conference has also solidified two ministries that I believe are integral to the growth of our congregation: Assimilation (particularly through a strong correspondence ministry) and through the ministry of helps. I have also been helped to understand the importance of setting very clear goals, planning, and charting consistent progress. This has already been started at our church--but we have far to go.

No comments: