Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sunday in Retrospect

Today, at the Mt. Salem Church, I continued my series in the Beatitudes of our Lord. I continued with the 3rd Beatitude, out of Matthew 5:5, which says 'Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.' i titled this sermon, "Power Through Meekness." 

Teaching & Preaching on the demands of Christ have always proven to be both challenging and rewarding for me. In the process, our study is growing me, my life and preaching. As a direct result, as is my prayer, our people are listening and growing. We had one come today as a candidate for baptism. 

We thank God for the  young adult who made a most important decision today. 

Today was Pastor's Aide Annual Day. Though I've been pastoring for years, this was my first Pastor's Aide Day. I actually don't recall my father having such a day. Now that I have a concept of what it is, I think I have more insight on how things should go, if I continue this day. One thing I have learned, at least for me...is the importance of providing direction, even on the Pastor's days. 

That being said, I do appreciate Sis. Betty Scott, who heads this wonderful ministry; and all who contributed in some way, shape or form. Rev. Frank Harvey, Pastor of Morning Star B.C. in Bloomington, Texas really provided a great Message from Acts 12. I was thoroughly blessed and helped. God is good! 

Dwight Howard still hasn't been traded. There are talks that his being traded to the Nets is dead; and that he could possibly end up in LA or Houston. Hopefully, he can leave Orlando at this point. After all, he basically did a LeBron James 'Decision' feat without first having the deal set in stone. So in my view, his name is no good there any longer. Of course, I'd like to see him in LA. But it looks like it may be Houston. Don't quote me! :)

No comments: