Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Sunday Summary

We had an awesome worship experience at Cornerstone this past Sunday. It has been a month since we've moved to our new location, and I am already seeing both the challenge as well as the fruit of diligent labor and seed-planting. Our facility has given much more responsibility, exposure, visibility and freedom. All that being said, our people are excited! I see this more and more each and every week through their participation, inviting their people and overall excitement. I pray this continues and that it will grow.

I must admit, it was a difficult week for me with some of the things going on in my life personally. D'Ani and I had a very tedious and trying week; Kai's official last day of school was last Thursday; and our main church computer was infected with some strange virus. Needless to say, I found myself behind in my studies, studying until early Sunday morning, not getting to sleep until 4:50am only to wake up in about two hours. I was beat!!!

Fortunately, I have placed a level of responsibility in two of our men from the church who open up and get things in order. There are also people there who pray in the building and even for the Pastor and the message. Our Worship Leaders do an excellent job of invoking God's presence, setting the climate that is conducive for public worship, etc. This means absolutely very little to many pastors; but as a founding pastor who started this church about 4 years ago, having to do all of this and more...and THEN also preach the message - I am VERY grateful for every stride taken!!!

I did arrive 20 minutes late in time for the welcome. D'Ani and the boys actually beat me to service. Nothing was going right for me - woke up late, didn't have my clothing together (big mistake), forgot my minister's manual, couldn't locate my keys, on and on. Did I already say I had two hours of sleep?

BUT...when I drove up, walk toward my office, my countenance began to change. I heard the saints and the music. As I walked into the auditorium our people were in prayer and in worship. Praise, Worship, Fellowship and Sunday School were all great! I struggled through the message; but probably in a personal way. Preaching from John 4, I sensed personal fatigue; but strangely I am unsure if our people saw my fatigue.

This week I am studying Paul's Epistle to the Galatians. I have every intention of beginning our study there this coming week...Lord willing!

6 comments:

Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

Kraig, I know of the personal struggle that you and D'Ani had to deal with this week, but the Word says that it is in our weaknesses that God will exchange out weakness for His strength. It is apparent that you allowed the Lord to make a great exchange! Keep pressing and know that your brother from Jersey is praying for you and with you.

Lance

Ronald said...

Keep plodding away Pastor Pullam you and your ministry matter and your congregation is making a difference.

Your Cali Brother,
Ron

Unknown said...

Hey Kraig,stick with it man and thank God for the new facilities.
I know your heart was in the message and inspite of the things you had to fight through in order to deliver it, God used it to bless His people.

Be Encouraged.

Tony

D.A. Thomas said...

Doc,

You are a continual inspiration and I love drawing from you for future decisions that I will have to make. Thanks for being transparent.

Vietta P's two cents worth said...

I love you Pastor Pullam so much. I'm in continuous prayer for you, your family and the Cornerstone Church. I am an eyewitness to the intense struggles and passions of the Pastor. I never cease to be amazed at how God takes care of His preacher through His divine care. Be blessed My Baby. I love you.

Momma

Rev.Aaron Holcombe said...

Praying for you Brother!