Monday, November 12, 2007

Veterans Day

This has been a day full of things to do; but again I say-the blog is my commitment. I am overly committed to the FEW things that I do (though I wouldn't term it in the OCD category); I do think it may be a Pullam thing, but not sure. I want my blog to be helpful, meaningful, and insightful. More than this--I want to be both truthful and relevant.

I thank God for our veterans! I have not had the opportunity to serve our country in the capacity of being in the Armed Forces. However, I think that our veterans are often overlooked, underpayed, under-appreciated, and typically forgotten after their term(s) of duty have concluded. This is a special day for me because my father, along with my 2 brothers, father in law...served in the Air Force. Several of our members are in the military. I have been touched by all of these individuals. I honor them. We honor them. The sacrifices they have made in their families, personal lives, etc. for their country are unmeasurable.

Again...Happy Veteran's Day to all of our Veteran's, past and present!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have so often taken for granted the freedoms and privileges we have in this great country. I realize it has come about with great sacrifice from our Women and Men of the Armed Forces. My prayers are with those who are yet fighting on our behalf. I pause along with you Pastor P. to honor our Veterans Past and present.

vlpsongbird