Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Happy Birthday Momma!


God has blessed me with a wonderful mother! I call her 'Momma'! I praise God for her life, her witness, her encouragement, and understanding. She has been a constant source of strength and prayerful support for our entire family.
There were many times I saw her kneel on the side of her bed and toil before the Lord in prayer; times when I saw her crying tears of joy and sometimes pain for her children (never me!) and others; so many stories she shared with me early in my formative years out of the Word of God that stick with me to this day. She shared with me the plan of salvation, and the Lord (unbeknown to me) used her as an instrument that influences my preaching, teaching, and speaking ability even today. Among many other things, she enrolled me into speech classes while I was still very young in age and was insistent that I remain there, in the midst of all of the embarrassment and humiliation I received from my classmates.
Little did I know that SHE knew that I would one day proclaim God's Word and teach His people. Traveling with me everywhere I went as a teenage preacher, nurturing me, loving me, supporting me, constructively critiquing me, and being present through some of the darkest moments in my life that I will NEVER forget (even in eternity)-This woman is a true gift cut from God's BEST cloth! I LOVE her and always will!!!

Happy Birthday Momma!!! Proverbs 31......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you "My Baby" for your wonderful Birthday wishes and for dedicating your blog today to me. I have read it one hundred times. God IS good! I am grateful that I was allowed to make a positive influence in your life. All I can say is "to God be the Glory". I just did what my heart and the Lord guided me to do. You were an easy child to love. Not saying you were perfect (because you got your share of spankings) but you always steered toward positive things. Look at you now...again I say...God is GOOD!

Thank you for being a joy in my life for over 29 years. Thank you for loving ME. Please Please Please always know without a shadow of a doubt that I'll ALWAYS love YOU...Even In Eternity...

...With My "Whole" Heart