Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Carlton Pearson...Exalted? Exactly!

Where in the world can I begin with this one? Whatever I say-I am certain it won't really convey what I am feeling. I've just watched a new series that began a few weeks ago, BET's Exalted. I am not only disturbed, but saddened by this great potential-turned-directionless man. My wife can attest to the fact that I have either Tivo'd, recorded, etc. things about Calrton Pearson. Let me say, I love Pearson-he is one of my myspace friends-and he is a great singer and seems to be a 'nice guy'. What disturbs me about Pearson is his uncanny way of mixing truth with error. He says things that are sarcastic and then tries to use it as a premise for what he is really trying to push-the "gospel" of inclusion. No matter how judgmental it sounds--his stance is clearly heretical.
There are just some things that make no sense to me: he says that hell doesn't exist; he states that EVERYONE (EVERYONE) is going to Heaven; he states that God doesn't condemn anyone, at anytime, for anything. This all sounds good and, believe me, the fleshly part of me WISHES this were true. The Bible is clear in Both New and Old Testament that Hell is real....period! Pearson thinks it's a metaphor. That's heresy! Everyone will go to Heaven? I really don't understand how he gets this so I will not expound. God will not condemn anyone at any tme for anything? Okay--I am assuming his basis is the scripture which states, '....there is therefore now no condemnation'. Or perhaps his premise is Christ's declaration that '...it is finished'. But Pearson should be more educated than this; he should know context, the security of the 'believer', the all sufficiency of Christ for those who are IN Christ, etc. Pearson's wife said something that really stuck with me in her interview on Exalted. She stated that when her husband announced his views, people began to walk away and it was then, in her words, '...I began to see the lack of love in the church'. Now I will be the first to admit that the church isn't all that it should be. And there are a lot of issues, including lack of love, etc. in the church. But wrong is simply that...wrong! Examining 1 Corinthians 13, I see nothing in that chapter stating that Christian believers are to condone wrong. At the end of the interview, he said that he did all of this and has gained his soul. Now--I don't make myself an authority. I don't! Maybe we will all get to heaven and discover that everybody who ever lived will be there. But if God is the God of the Bible that I read--that will not occur because God doesn't contradict Himself. One of the main 'interviewees' on Pearson was Tonex (Remember him?). I don't even have the time to talk about this misguided young man. For those who read this blog and sense anger. It is not that at all. It is "righteous indignation." I am not a politician; I speak as a proclaimer, preacher, pastor and prophet! The tragedy is this-many Christians are being led astray by this 'inclusion' theology. I consider this false doctrine to lead the bunch; namely because it appears to be so saturated in love and acceptance; when, in actuality, it is leading people astray.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the post Kraig. Stay vigilant and sober minded. The worst is yet to come.

Preach the Word!!!


Tony R.

Pastor Kevin Lanier Pullam said...

Thank you for your unwavering dedication to "sound doctrine." Unfortunately, Tony R. is absolutely right. All of this HAS to happen according to God's word. Paul told Timothy, "for the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear."

Thanks again Tony... We just have to "Preach the Word..."

Pastor K.P.

Anonymous said...

inquiry Take a piece of me

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Good point, though sometimes it's hard to arrive to definite conclusions