Thursday, November 29, 2007

Revival in Brownsville!

This week I am preaching at the St. James Church, where Rev. Leroy Roundtree serves as pastor. This is my seventh year with St. James and I love being here! I look forward to this time every year. I really love the Roundtree family, Pastor Roundtree is just a jewel and simply has a natural gift for pastoring God's people. I see the growth each and every year. One of the things that really stood out to me this year is that the main ingregdient to their growth is is 'true' passion for prayer. He believes in the power of prayer. He sort of reminds me of one of my FAVORITE preachers, Jim Cymbala, pastor of Brooklyn Tabernacle. Roundtree is a giant of a man and preacher!!!

For the past several years, it has given me to opportunity to renew myself, read, reflect, and be revived. I am able to look at what's been accomplished the past year, both personally and ministerially and pray and evaluate where the Lord is guiding and leading me, my family, and the church the coming year. As He speaks to me, I realize that there are some harsh realities in terms of things that need to be done, where we must go, and YES--some mistakes I have made personally and ministerially. Last night the Lord really shined on the worship service and upon the message. It was a youth night and I spoke from I Peter 2:9 from the subject 'I'm About To Take my Position'. It was a very simple message and God is allowing me to free myself from the manuscript....comfortably though with much prayer. My messages involve a lot of information; and I feel that it is ALL extremely important. However--(though I have been preaching for some time now) the Holy Spirit is really teaching me how to follow His lead and feel the pulse of the people in preaching--and when to give more or less. For this I am grateful.

No comments: