Sunday, October 14, 2007

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Today, after preaching at our own worship service, I along with some of our members journeyed to Lifestyle of Christ Church in Pearland for the 1 year anniversary of Dr. Mike Forney. This is a new ministry and the people really expressed their appreciation to Dr. Forney today. Contrary to my original plan, the Holy Spirit led me to a passage tucked away in Exodus 14:5-17, the familiar story that records the narrative of God's people of Israel standing face to face with the impossible in every direction. It is interesting how God breathed and smiled on the message, considering this is a passage I hadn't preached from in years. Little did I know how this would serve as an encouragement to Pastor and people. Each week, I am learning more and more to follow God's guidance. Also, I have been working more on my breaking free from the manuscript. At Cornerstone, I had the outline, which is on a previous blog. It was kind of awkward (and quiet), considering I was in Malachi 3 and talking about the tithe. Not too much response. God God directed me to the passage and the message--so I was obedient. (This is a learning process for me) I, probably more than many preachers, am easily swayed by the response of a crowd. This is not a good thing!!! As a pastor, my focus for Cornerstone has and is shifting more each week: Not preaching for RESPONSE; but preaching for CHANGE!

No comments: