Monday, October 22, 2007

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Yesterday went well during worship. I actually continued our message taken out of Malachi 3, with somewhat of a different angle. IT was my intention to share 'Reverse the Curse, Pt 2'. However, the subject from Malachi 3 yesterday was entitled 'How God Hooks Us Up.' I felt more comfortable in my preaching on yesterday--because of time and last week was just such an intense week--both in my devotion as well as adversity. Imagine that! God blessed the message, allowed me an opportunity to share the urgency and responsibility of our congregation to get in on what God is up to; and really give our congregation a 'pep talk'. Our church goes through these phases where apathy becomes pervasive, attendance is down, and the spirit of our church is not as it should be. This can be discouraging to the 'faithful few'. All in all, the Spirit of God moved on yesterday, His Word clearly explained, and people demonstrated their commitment and re-dedication to the plan and vision God has for our local church. If you read my blog last week on 'revelation', let me just say that I don't know HOW God will do the things He will do--that's not really my problem. I'm trusting, willing, and obedient to His voice and instructions--from here on out I will leave the results up to Him.

No comments: