Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Revelation

Last night and this morning, I had--what I would call--my fourth REVELATION from God. I have to apologize for not being as spiritual as some preachers who have a revelation every single time you look up. It seems like God does a lot of talking to these guys. Whenever I look in scripture, God shows up to men (and women) in scripture a gap between years upon years. It was then that those revelations (i.e. Moses/Noah), that the person recieving the revelation invest their LIFE in fulfilling that call. I have had 3 previous revelations (as our church already knows). 1) My call to preach the gospel at fourteen in 1993. 2) When God instructed me to marry my wife, D'Ani. 3) When He directed our starting Cornerstone in 2004-05. And, now, God has spoken. (Let's be clear: people who know me KNOW I don't play with God's name--I will often say that the Holy Spirit made an impression, I interpret, I believe, etc.--rarely will I say that 'God said to me'. That's dangerous!) I will not get into the revelation until I have shared with our congregation--which will probably be in December during my State of the Church address. What I will say is that God is good! I trust His plan! I trust His timing! And I thank Him for being gracious enough to choose someone like me. That's amazing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A revelation from God is awesome. With it comes great responsibilies. A sense of urgency to succeed and fulfill. To always give ear to direction along the way. Be assured if God spoke it to you He already knows the capabilities that are within you and its outcome.

The most overwhelming revelation given to me by God was that my Baby Son would one day be His preacher. I knew I had to protect him and nurture him at all cost. I have seen it come true in a wonderful and beautiful way.

I will be prayerful as you follow God's lead.

vlpsongbird

Pastor Kraig L. Pullam said...

Thank you for your words of insight and encouragement! I love you and it means so much to see your comments...