Sunday, April 06, 2008

Sunday, March 6, 2008

We had a good worship celebration today. However, I was very tired and physically fatigued. Of course, it is completely my fault. The fishing fellowship is not the cause. It was actually a long week, Friday I not only did quite a bit of work, but also spend hours trying to locate a Wii (Nintendo) for my family...THEN consumed with setting it up, controlling Kai, etc. Rising at 6am Saturday morning, etc. was probably a factor. THEN I came home after the fishing time and immediately cut our yard, which is a little larger than the old house, to say the least. I had plans to do it Friday but it rained. THEN, I tried to get some rest; but after spending time with D'Ani and the boys, thinking I had my message all together and prepared, I felt impulsed to go in another direction in Haggai 2:1-9. Needless to say, I finished preparing this message at about 3am Sunday morning. When I arose at 7am, I thought I had all of my energy. However, midways through our service, I realized I was VERY fatigued and could feel it all rushing toward me at once. Add to this, I was displeased with church attendance for a first Sunday and our main musician having to leave to take his little son to the ER. Understandable!!! But it did effect the worship service. It wouldn't have if I had been more alert and less fatigued. I have learned a valuable lesson yet again in ministry--GET YOUR REST!!! This wasn't always the case--starting out as a preacher at age 15, this was my typical routine--yardwork, hanging out, etc. and then take a shower and go preach (be not mistaken, I have always prepared my message. Usually beginning on my sermonic preparation on Monday so that Saturday is just review). But I am 29 now; and I am just not a teenager anymore. I have to make some changes, and I need my rest. God blessed the message by His grace and amid my fatigue. BUT I KNOW more than anyone, it could have gone far better if I had taken Psalm 22 to heart and got some rest. ENOUGHT SAID. :-)

No comments: