Sunday, April 20, 2008

3 Years - Time Flies

We had an awesome day of Worship today! Today we celebrated 3 years of ministry as a local church (Cornerstone) and also Family and Friends Day. 3 years ago, my wife and I along with 6 others stepped out on faith and trusted God that He would lead people to the place where we worshpped. There has been much adversity; and MANY lessons that I've learned. I am taking all of these lessons and see how God has tested our faith. I am learning that a faith that is 'tested' is a faith that can be 'trusted.' This year is going to be a year like NONE other. I anticipate God doing some amazing things in the life of our church that will literally devastate the Devil. Thank God for 3 years!!! I was a little displeased with some of our members who were out. However, I am not at all mad at the members who were not there. As far as I am aware--the members who were out had legitimate reasons for being out. AND...we changed the date from the 2nd Sunday to the 3rd Sunday a couple of weeks ago. I understand when things must be done. Of course as Pastor and the designated/ordained leader, I will ALWAYS be a little more critical and insist upon more participation. So it is nothing personal with any one person. Of course, attendance was still good with our guest church being Friendship Baptist Church in Corpus Christi, as they accompanied my eldest brother, Rev. Kevin Lanier Pullam. This young man did an awesome job in delivering the Word of God. He is in a series at His church going through Psalm 119. He shared a portion of that series with our church and our people were tremendously blessed. I can honestly see some of the people of our church really growing in the Word and really passionate about God's Word.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the Cornerstone Family on your Three years. I am grateful that I was blessed to be in attendance in your Morning worship. The guest Preacher did a wonderful job. My greatest joy was being with family members for Family and Friends day. I have a special prayer for Cornerstone and it's Pastor. I believe by faith that it shall be done (Matthew 21:22). May you remain in His favor.

vlpSongbird

Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

Kraig,

Congrats to both you and the Cornerstone Church Family on 3 years of ministry. The Lord has provided you with an awesome opportunity to effect change within your community to advance the Kingdom of God. I am praising God for each and every one of your successes because I too am looking for the Lord to open doors for our ministry. And I know that as long as God is blessing my neighbor, that means he's still in the neighborhood, and I'm next in line for a blessing. So keep going doctor and follow Christ to levels never seen before.

Lance

Ed Johnson III said...

Praise God for three years! To you and your volunteers: Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Continue to remain encouraged on the Battlefield. Your future is very bright!