Monday, April 07, 2008

14 YEARS OF PREACHING

It is hard to believe--14 years ago on March 20, 1994 at St. John First Baptist Church in Corpus Christi, Texas--the Lord allowed me to preach for the first time publicly behind the pulpit. I was so young, naive, not knowing what in the world I was getting myself into--but God has been extremely kind. I haven't had the opportunity to preach for some of the Pastors and Preachers that I've admired through the years, like Ralph West, Joe Samuel Ratliff, E.K. Bailey or John Bevere, to name a few. But I have never tired of invitations and places to preach the Word of God. God has been so gracious! He has allowed me to preach in pulpits around the country and around this world--and I am so grateful. Last Sunday our church honored me and recognized my preaching anniversary. It was nothing big; but for some reason I appreciated it so much. First--I didn't think anyone even knew. Back in February, one of the brothers made it a point to ensure that myself and my family had a special envelope aside from the regular tithe and offering envelopes. Since then, people have been even more of a blessing to me and my family. For my preaching anniversary, everyone who didn't normally give me a special offering was asked to do so. I was astonished by the blessing! God is good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Kraig, sounds like the LORD is truly honoring your work.

Keep at it and Be Encouraged!

Please tell Dee, Kai and Kaden
we send our love.

Bless ya brother,

Tony Rhone

Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

Hey Kraig, wow 14 years of preaching is not something to sneeze at. That is something that you should celebrate in a marvelous way. Eyes have not seen neither have ears heard what the Lord will do with those who have been faithful.

Be Blessed,

Lance Mann