Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Let me say right up front that I am thankful and grateful to have experienced an outstanding visitation of God's Holy Spirit in our Worship Experiences today! We had an awesome time in God's house...in His presence...with the saints of God! From start to finish we were abundantly blessed.

We are still getting adjusted to our new place of worship; this has been our fifth Sunday at our new location. Today was a special treat because Rev. James R. Miller came to be with us today, as we held our Evangelism and Mission Sunday. I was somewhat disappointed, not have the opportunity to do the kind of outreach we had planned due to Houston's infamous, inclement weather forecast. The major tragedy is my cancellation for going out into our new communities this past Wednesday evening. I canceled after seeing and seeing the developments in the weather condition. Tragically, after sending out the message and rain descending in our lovely city, by the 6 o'clock hour, the sun had come out, streets were drying up, and all was copastetic (a made-up term). I thought - now what if I had just been like Noah and avoided the metorologists; All would have been well.

Nevertheless, we spread the word out as best we could. Our intention was to pass out food items, personal items, etc. to single parents in our community and those to whom our members invited. Fortunately, we were able to bless many single parents in a substantial way. Everything from ramon noodles and milk to diapers and wipes were given to them.

Rev. Miller shared with us at our 8am service from Mark 9:1-5 about the man born blind. He didn't give a specific subject/title; but he walked through the passage and blessed me immensely. He is a true expositor of God's Word; and I know that God has only begun to unfold the choice plan He has for Rev. Miller and his ministry and impact in the Kingdom of God.

We also had another service at 10:30am to honor all of our graduates. This was a joint service, held in conjunction with New Beginning Church in Houston. Minister France Brown, Jr. shared from Psalm 13 about how to handle the joy-killers. Outstanding!

It is my prayer that God will continue to use, stretch, grow and mature us in our area of ministry within the kingdom. I look forward to God continuing to use us to reach lost humanity. This is my prayer!

No comments: