Wednesday, May 13, 2009

We made it through!

God has been gracious and faithful! As some may know, I have been a part-time/full-time seminarian for the past 8 years. While this has effected and altared my entired life (not being able to travel, preaching schedule, etc.), I am glad to know that my M.Div. is finally complete. There is also great comfort in knowing that, while the Masters program at Southwestern (who has sharpened some of the greatest preaching minds such as Ralph West, Joel Gregory, etc.), God loves me no more or less based upon the completion of this much-regarded degree. I pray this would be an encouragement to those who have yet to accomplish such a feat - ministry is more than a degree or a sheet of paper that hangs on any given wall. To be honest, I know individuals who have several degrees who are psychological misfits, moral morons and literal fools. I will say, however, that anyone who DOES complete the Master of Divinity program at Southwestern is an impressive soul and did so by the grace of almighty God. I have found myself saying this past year that I will not be considering a doctoral program until a few years down the road. Interestingly, I found myself perusing academic websites the evening of my graduation looking into programs. While my plan is to accomplish that major milestone in the coming years, I pray that the Lord will pull together all of the things I have learned from my seminary experience, open up doors that were temporarily closed because of the sacrifices I've made to attend classes in Houston, and would allow the people to whom I minister to be partakers of all that the Lord has exposed me to in the classroom and in life.

2 comments:

Vietta P's two cents worth said...

My heart is overwhelmed with pride and happiness for your well deserved accomplishment. YOU DID IT!!! You, your Brothers, your Father and I, can appreciate this great feat through sacrifice, and very hard work. We have somewhat of a different feeling of pride from most of the others. Because, we know your history, and your begining strides academically. We know and was WITH you to help you conquer some of the disabilities that would have been unmovable road blocks towards this end, had not it been for the hand of God. Remember the story I told you, of the visit of God's messenger when you were only four days old? God knew then, you had to... by any means necessary, get to this place and beyond. God definitely has a plan instore for you. I wait anxiously to see what it will be. You have a fantastic testimony to share!

So, not only do these tears of joy and pride shed for what YOU have done, but I REJOICE for what I have SEEN God do as well. I can't hardly contain myself, because I, (just like you) know your WHOLE story. God be Praised!

My graditude to your wife D'Ani for the sacrifices she endured, being SO supportive, and your most loyal cheerleader along the way. I love her dearly for this, and for so many other reasons. Thank you Dee and also to the select Houston family advocators.

Celebrate my son. You DESERVE it!! I am SO proud. Have a GREAT time in Vegas! I love you.

Momma

Anonymous said...

Pastor Kraig, the Lord has been faithful and I am sure He will honor your attempts to further your education with a Ph. D.. The kingdom needs all the educated and learned men and women it can get.

Let the Lord lead you and continue to use you brother.

Tony