Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday, September 21, 2008

I will not make this long. As a result of the aftermath of Hurricane Ike, the lights at our present place of worship are still not on. Interestingly, millions of people in the Houston area are still without light. Of course, this does not mean that we can not worship. We did just that! Those of our members who were in town and got word - worshipped at our home. Many area churches opted not to have worship,,,some really could not, in their own right. I was amazed to see how God demonstrated His power and our people expressed their worship to Him despite the fact that we were gathered in the living room of my wife and I!!! I was amazed. This has confirmed (and I know many use this word quite often) for me that the Lord is leading our congregation back to Pearland at some point in the near future. Our vision has been to reach the people of Pearland, specificially; though we are generally called as any given church to go into 'all the world'. Interestingly, I met with a few of a key leaders at my home about a month ago and began to chart a specific vision; cheif of which we all agreed and stated, 'If the name of our church is 'Cornerstone Baptist Church of Pearland', we need to atleast hold public worship in Pearland.' This is certainly true; and we were certainly fruitful with being in Pearland our first year in 2005-06. We had no idea that night a month ago that Hurricane Ike would blog through. But after two years--even though it took a hurricane--we were back in our target area, PEARLAND--rather than being 20 miles outside of Pearland. I am not saying that Ike came through for our fledgling fellowship; BUT it is amazing to experience the things that the Lord will ALLOW in order to stretch our faith and push us closer to the center of HIS will. God is up to something great, I believe. Well...He's already doing that! Just keep us in your prayers!

7 comments:

Pastor Kevin Lanier Pullam said...

I thank God along with you for His continual guidance of the Cornerstone family. I will make it a part of my prayer concerns that He will allow/navigate ever circumstance in this matter. "The vision is yet for an appointed time. But, in the end it shall speak and not lie."

God Be Praised

Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

I'm glad to know 'Ike' did not steal your joy or weaken your faith. The Lord keeps doing great things through you for which I praise Him vigorously. I will continue to keep you and your church in my prayers. Be blessed my brother

Pastor W.L. Pullam said...

Yes,brother pastor, keep on praising the Lord in spite of the storms that blow in. Often the Lord inspires His greatest work in us after the storm. And you know from our previous conversations how I feel about the "Pearland" situation. March on in the vision that God has given you. Stay "on course" and stay "the course."
By the tie of Calvary

Vietta P's two cents worth said...

I am grateful to God for His hand of mercy towards my children. It is a joy to know how the Lord also blessed your worship. I'm always in prayer and watchful with great concern as I stand by and observe the Lord teach essential lessons to my Sons through storms. My concelation is that He loves you even more than I, and He has proven He will take care of you.

I love you

Anonymous said...

Kraig just keep preaching and stay the course. God is definetly up to something and as you submitt yourself to his Sovereign will, God will show you what's best.

Be Encouraged and Keep the course.

Preach the Word Preacher!

Tony R.

P.S. - Love your glasses...are those Gazelles?...lol...

Clinton Smith said...

Stay on the wall and keep preaching and leading your congregation. Storms, natural and spiritual, come to make us strong.

Rev.Aaron Holcombe said...

My prayer are with you all. God bless you in your continued service for Him.