Monday, July 21, 2008

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday worship was great! In fact, the past several weeks in worship have been great. Unknowingly, I have begun a series of messages on the miracles recorded in the gospel of Mark. It has been quite refreshing. Yesterday I actually backed up to the 5th chapter of Mark (after spending several weeks in Mark chapter 6) and dealt with Jairus' seemingly 'urgent' need. OF course, most already know that Jairus asks the Lord to journey with him to his house to see his 12 year old daughter only to be interrupted by a 12 year old issue plagued an anonymous woman in a thronging crowd. My entire premise centered around our knowing the need to discern and gain valuable teaching points in our walking with Jesus Christ. We often miss valuable lessons because we fail to understand the value of 'in the meantime'.

How I thank God for this season of my life - where the Lord has taught me patience, the power of prayer, shaping of my character and a love for Him and His people. My prayer for all Christians, particularly ministers of the gospel - is that we will learn valuable lessons that God is trying to teach us - so that we can move to the next level of personal and spiritual growth, wisdom, and understanding. If we aren't learning the lessons; that will speak to why we keep repeating the course.

2 comments:

Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

Kraig, as always your posts have been a rich blessing to me in a real personal way. I truly believe that the blogging community misses a true jewel that is a great asset to the Body of Christ.

Lance

Anonymous said...

Kraig continue to stir up the gift brother. Your experiences are a source of rich encouragement to those of us who enjoy the "ecstacy and agony" of preaching.


Be Encouraged!

Tony R.