Tuesday, June 24, 2008

This Past Sunday's Review

This past Sunday was quite interesting. We took time during the message to have a heart-to-heart between pastor and people. The entire message centered around change, commitment, and priorities. For all of us, this is Summer-time and Summer-vacation. I had the opportunity to share with our congregation some things the Lord placed upon my heart and challenged the commitment of our parishioners. I shared from my heart--as always-- concerning the mission and vision of Christ's Kingdom and the vision and misson of our local church; also sharing my desires for where I believe HE is trying to take us. In sharing this and many other things with our church, I advised our members to meet after service to discuss and pray (meet) to evaluate, reflect and re-commit. Also to pray regarding God's direction of our ministry. My wife and I did not attend this meeting for varios reasons; and judging by the outcome and progress of the meeting--I see why the Holy Spirit led me in that direction. I also shared on Sunday that I am taking a few weeks to pray about the Lord's direction in what He desires to do in my life and ministry. This seems selfish--but I would encourage ANYONE to reach God's goal for their life and BE CERTAIN that they are in the CENTER of God's WILL for their life. Though I will continue my preaching, teaching and pastoral responsibilities - I am fasting and praying! The reason for bringing ths up is to ask for the prayers of the blogging saints - that the Lord would make His will so clear in the lives of our members and Pastoral family that even crystal pales in comparison to the clarity of God's direction and open door. As always--I'll keep you posted!

4 comments:

Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

My friend, you need not even ask for prayer from me, as I have enjoyed our growing friendship and brotherhood. God has a unique way of revealing to us His will when we take the time to seek him diligently.

I want to commend you for the honest manner in which you addressed and even led your congregation to discussion and prayer and how you were open enough with them to let them know that you need to hear from God about not only them, but also about YOU.

Your ministry is on the cusp of greatness and the more you stay in the presence of God the more His will is revealed to you. God is up to something in your life, and I am waiting with great anticipation for what's next in your ministry.

Give me a call when you get a chance. (908) 361-0408

Anonymous said...

I agree 100% with everything Pastor Mann Has said. Especially the part about God being up to something in your life. I believe that you are on your way to greater ministry opportunities.

You should know without a doubt that my prayers are always with you EVERY day. You and the family are always in my thoughts.

And...I want a call also. You know the number. I love you.

vlpSongbird

Ed Johnson III said...

Hey brother. I will be praying with you and for you.

Anonymous said...

We will continue praying for you Kraig. I know this is a vital time in the life of your ministry.

Stay broken!


Tony R.