Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday, October 19, 2008

We had an awesome time in Worship this Lord's Day. The week has been far spent; and though I haven't laid down or batted an eye since rising at 6:30am this morning, I am thankful and grateful for God being gracious enough to show up today. Attendance is picking up since the aftermath of Hurricane Ike. I don't think it has gotten much press--but the Hurricane really did shake Houston. All in all, I am both excited about and anticipate a fresh course taken in our direction and commitment as a church family during this month of what I am deeming a time of re-commitment and renewal. By God's grace, we continued the second part in our series in Acts chapter 2 with 'No More Church as Usual'.

God smiled upon the message and the members are spreading the word around the city about our ministry. Of course, this is ONLY the beginning when we consider the fact that Christ's call is for us to take the sanctuary to the streets. All in all, I seek your prayers in the area of our witness--and sharing Christ in our immediate contexts and cultures.

6 comments:

Pastor W.L. Pullam said...

Praise the Lord! Great post and "praise report." I rejoice with you and the Cornerstone Church and pray that you all will keep moving onward and upward with the Lord.
Yes, Ike really shook a lot of folks up and actually drove some back to the Lord and the Church.
And, yes, it definitely should be "No More Church as Usual." Wow! That sounds like a real winner to me. God bless and "preach on."

Keith D. Witherspoon said...

Great Post! Kraig you and your church family are definately in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

Stay at the wheel Pastor Pullam. You are a great pastor/leader and I am confident that Cornerstone will have even greated days ahead if you remain faithful.
We continue to pray for you and Dee, please give her our best wishes.

Tony R.

Be Encouraged.

Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

I echo Kraig, the sentiments of everyone in the room, it was a great post. I am looking forward to seeing your outlines from Acts 2, which happens to be one of the most enjoyable series of sermons on the formation of the Christian Church that I have ever preached. Please post your outlines.

We are still praying for you guys that God will restore what you lost.

Lance

Pastor Kevin Lanier Pullam said...

God be praised for the great things He has done, is doing, and will do in the life of Cornerstone. I will continue to pray that your restoration and revival be multiplied.

Kevin

Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

Stay the Course my brother! Glad to learn of your rebound.