Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Today we had an awesome time in worship. I am just blown away by how the Lord can do what He wants to do whenever He wishes to do so. Of course, I am not the only one the Lord smiled upon; but just reporting on my experience. Attendance is picking up since the Hurricane. Of course - I wasn't satisfied; but by the time we departed, I am completely convinced that every single person who was there...God specifically arranged their priorities and schedules to make it there. And those who were not...God had something else in mind. I started a series yesterday from the Book of Acts chapter 2 entitled, 'No More Church As Usual'. I am amazed in seeing how God used the message to challenge our church, collectively and personally. For the first time in my history as Pastor...nobody seemed to want to leave. Because of some events this past week, I contemplated not preaching and asking one of our six ministers to stand in my place. But after much prayer, I knew I HAD to stand. If nothing more than to demonstrate the authenticity of my faith; and to practically share the importance of standing amid adversity and challenge. It reminds me of something my mother shared with me many years ago when I had a terrible break up and thought about quitting the ministry. She said, in summary, 'Now is the time that you have to believe in the God that you preach about.'

I want to encourage someone who is dealing with adversity. Galatians 6:9 affirms very clearly for us how we should react in the face of life's circumstances. I have had several disappointments the past several months; but I must admit...God is strengthening me character, testimony and convictions concerning Christ. Deitrich Bonhoeffer was correct, 'I'm blessed when I bleed.'

7 comments:

Keith D. Witherspoon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keith D. Witherspoon said...

Great post! Keep up the good work and be encouraged!!

Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

God has His hand on you Pastor Kraig. What's to come is better than what's been! Stay the course my friend.

P.S. Forgive my misspelling of your wife's name. It won't happen again.

Vietta P's two cents worth said...

Truly, I was in sincere prayer for you Sunday as well as for Dee. I knew the burden that you were under. I am grateful that once again God is faithful if we just trust Him. I've heard multiple times of how powerful the preached word was. I know God has a plan and purpose in navigating your plight. "He is preparing you for what you need to carry out the next matter in your life". I love you.

Be encouraged
Momma

Anonymous said...

Keep seeking Him Kraig. God is working.

We are praying for you and D'Ani.


Tony R.

Rev.Aaron Holcombe said...

Thanks so much for your words of encouragement my brother! Be blessed in the Lord!

Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

Kraig, I am looking forward to reading your outlines from this series on Acts 2. That will be a blessing to the Body of Christ.

Keep pressing my friend.

Lance