Sunday, January 06, 2008

Sunday, January 6, 2008

I will not make this blog long at all. Simply put--we had an awesome time in the Lord today, as we do every week and have for the past 2 or so months.

Today was no different! At Cornerstone, this is our month of Prayer and Consecration. I am praying that as our church goes into this new year that we cultivate and develop intimacy with God. I have committed, aside from praying throughout the day and other needs, an hour a day to praying for our church alone. This has added so much fulfillment to my prayer life thus far.

I started a series of prayer today entitled, 'Does Prayer Make a Difference?' Today I spoke from the title, 'Prayerfully Handling Situations Beyond Your Control' taken from Acts 12. I have also been praying that the Lord would add to our church. I have really been praying that God would add atleast one soul to our church body a Sunday. I am continuing that prayer. God is still maturing my faith--so I haven't announced that I am praying for atleast one soul to come each Sunday, especially with low attendance.

It's amazing how God works--3 people came today! I believe I'll continue my efforts in trying to cultivate a lifestyle of prayer. I see it working already.

As a new church, we have kind of been a little informal with our first Sunday communion/Lord's supper. One of the teams I am working with--worked very hard as we have planned to have Lord's Supper taken to another level at Cornerstone. I am so glad to report that it was done in a way that I believe God is pleased! I can't even begin to describe it; it was worship in and of itself. Even the breaking of the bread in the sanctuary was only a powerful demonstration of Christ's unfailing love toward us.

My prayer continues to be that of the Apostle Paul in Ephesians 1; that the Lord will open the eyes of our understanding. He is doing it; I pray that He continues!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great Kraig, keep praying and seeking the Lord through prayer recognizing that God wants to get something out of you as your earnestly seek Him for the desires of your heart.

Be encouraged,

Tony R.

Anonymous said...

I am happy to know that God has added to the Cornerstone family. I have been praying along with you about this. Praises be to God. Just continue to teach and preach what thus saith the Lord.

vlpsongbird