Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sunday, January 20, 2008

God saw fit to smile upon us today in Worship. Attendance seemed to be low today. The weather was not unbearable; but it would be classified and inclement. All in all-God blessed our worship today. All of this would typically have bothered me; but since I have committed to saturating my life, family, and church in prayerfully aligning it with God's Will and Word, I saw it as an incredible growth opportunity. Add to this--Saturday night, I really fell into some sort of sickness. I had never had such a chill fall over my entire body completely to the extent where I contemplated calling upon one of our preachers to stand and preach the Word and another to officiate; while also asking D'Ani to teach the Sunday School lesson, considering she is one of our best impromptu Sunday School teachers. I simply prayed. I have been training all of our ministers to ALWAYS be prepared; so I would wait until Sunday morning. I was able to arise at 5am Sunday morning and complete preparation for the message. I was very weak though empowered to stand and share the message, 'Hindrances to Answered Prayer'. No public decisions were made. As a preacher and minister of the gospel-and preaching for almost 15 years--I KNEW the message should have gone much better. Thanks be to God, some shared with me how God used the message to challenge them in the Prayer life. This, along with Sunday School, proved to be very enlightening.

No comments: