Sunday, December 02, 2007

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Worship today was both effectual and empowering! I did not preach; I asked one of our ministers, Steven Richardson, to share with us the Word of God. I try to occassionally allow our associate ministers the opportunity to 'minister' and 'preach' the Word not only when I am away but also when I am present. I am told that this can be a definite blessing and example to the entire congregation toward support of those who serve under my leadership in a ministerial capacity. Being that I am not in a present series, and also working toward next year's agenda, etc.--this was the perfect opportunity to have one of our very able and capable ministers to share. He did an awesome job in allowing God to use Him as the Word of God was explained. He shared a passage from Matthew 17:1-5 and spoke from the subject "Spiritual Reconstruction". We were blessed!...I can't put it any other way....


In Sunday school we continued our series 'When God Builds a Church' and today's discussion dealt with 'Excellence'. We were blessed! Interestingly, the teacher not only teached but some stated that he was on the brink of preaching the lesson that he taught. All in all-we were blessed!

No comments: