Monday, December 03, 2007

The Bee Movie!

Yesterday I did something I have NEVER done before--I went to the movies with Kai--just he and I!!!! We have been to the movies as a family, typically he was with the church gathering; or his cousins would take him to a kid movie while Dee and I went to a movie we really wanted to see. D'Ani has been to these 'kid movies' with Kai before. I just don't do the cartoons. I never see the point of spending that kind of money for a movie that I will probably have to purchase in 3 or so months and will be played over and over again. But after church, I really wanted to just BE with Kai--just he and I!!! I wanted to enjoy his presence. The movie was okay; but my major thrill was seeing how excited thid 4-year was to have his 'daddy' all to himself. It really amazed me to see him so excited and thrilled to have me there--with him. I felt so out of place, all of the kids....women (mothers)....men with shorts, t-shirts and baseball caps....while I sported a dress shirt, slacks and, of course, my Dallas Cowboys cap!!!! (Go Cowboys!) All in all--I had to think about my prayer life; how, at times, I really neglect to give The Father the time He wants and desires. It is my prayer before this year is out to cultivate a heart like that of Kai--I want to simply enjoy being with my Eternal Daddy (Abba!). I was talking to an old friend of mine as we were leaving--they called me on my cell. I told them that I spend time with Kai and I really don't do 'kid movies' but I 'made it through'. He said, 'yes....but it meant the WORLD to him'. I had to repent--may my time with God always continually mean the WORLD to me!!!

No comments: